A quick and easy project for you today. This lovely sturdy little treat box, the perfect size to give to friends at a dinner party. Mine holds a little chocolate treat or if you wanted something a bit more a MAC lipstick fits inside too.
I’m often inspired by the weather when it comes to crafting and today is no exception. It’s windy, cold and raining one minute then sunshine the next, a sure sign that Autumn is on its way. With that in mind I was looking for pretty Autumnal colours and I think I’ve got the balance just right. I’ve mainly used old olive for my box and paired it with the new Champagne Foil sheets from the 2017 Autumn/Winter Catalogue to make the delicate leaf. Its the star of the show and so pretty my photography skills really don’t do it justice.
- Old Olive Cardstock:-
- One piece that measures 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ scored on the long side at:-
- 1/2″ – 2″ – 3″ – 5″ and 7″
- Another piece that measures 4 1/4″ x 1 7/8″ scored at 1/2″ on all four sides
- A circle using the 1 3/4″ punch
- A solid leaf cut from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies
- DSP – Coffee Break:-
- One piece that measures 3″ x 2 1/2″
- A circle using the 2″ punch
- A circle using the 1 1/2″ punch
- Length of linen thread
- Scrap of whisper white for the sentiment inside
- Scrap of champagne foil for the delicate leaf cut from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies
- Burnish all score lines
- Add tear tape as shown above. When folded over and stuck down gives a really sturdy feel.
- Just a bit of cutting then add tear tape to each flap to make up the box that will fit inside. Use liquid glue just on the bottom and adhere to the inside as shown below.
- To finish, layer up your circles using dimensionals
- Add a touch of glue to your delicate leaf and add it to the solid leaf
- Tie a bow around the stem using a length of linen thread then adhere leaf to your circles with another dimensional
- Finally use your remaining piece of DSP to simply wrap around your chocolate using a bit of tear tape to secure
- Wrap another length of linen thread around a few times and tie with a knot, stamp and punch out your chosen sentiment and slide under the thread and pop in your box
- I used a 1cm Velcro dot to secure my flap, but you could use magnets or even wrap another piece of linen thread around the middle and tie a bow, note if you were to do this you would need do so
- before adding your layers.
If you need a bit more help then here is the video tutorial!
I hope you have enjoyed this project and find my instructions easy to follow. If you have any questions or any comments do let me know i’m always happy to help.
I have listed below all of the products I have used on my project today which can be bought from my shop using the “SHOP NOW” link at the top or by click on the product below.